Sunday, May 29, 2011

Kanita Round 2

Back to Kanita today to try out a different branch. I ended up landing 11 fish again, this time even smaller. I decided to use a barbless hook anytime I fish this area due to the small sizes. This resulted in the loss of about 10 fish as well. Landed all three target species today including Iwana (shown above) Yamame, and Ugui. All fish were released unharmed. I may try out the south end branches off the main river the next time I go out, or even fish one of the main streams. I need to get some fish in the keeper, as I'm hungry for a nice mess of trout.

I stopped off at a Small restaurant just west of the mountain tunnel on my way back and enjoyed a great bowl of Shoyu Ramen and Gyoza. Hit the Onsen after lunch to round off a perfect Tsugaru day.

No comments:

Post a Comment